Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Our Commitment to Safety – To help ensure the safety of our patients and staff we like to share our procedures and some changes we have implemented:
– Patients are asked to call ahead to be pre-screened for COVID. Please call back if we call.
– Please inform us once you have arrived by calling the office prior to entering; as appointments safety spaces have been implemented for your protection.
– Patients entering the practice must wear proper face coverings.
– Patients will be asked to wash their hands upon entering. Sanitizer will be provided.
– Health History, Covid-19 screening, and temperature checks will be required each visit.
– Only the patient should enter the practice unless a support person is necessary for safety, medical care, or translation. All patient policies also apply to support persons.
– Do not enter treatment areas until someone on our dental team calls you to come in.
– Our dental team has PPE personal protective equipment to ensure an environment that is as safe and healthy as possible for patients and our dental team.
– Dentists, Hygienists & assistants have masks, shields, and protective eye wear. The front desk has protective sneeze screens.
– Continuous infection controls are implemented daily throughout the entire office.
– Our Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan keeps us abreast of the latest recommendations from federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial agencies.
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.